Before I became vegan, Reese’s peanut butter cups were my obsession. When I became vegan, I knew I wouldn’t be able to sustain my new lifestyle without equally exquisite chocolate/peanut butter substitutes. I have found many to choose from over the years and highly recommend the following:
- Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- Puppy Chow (from peta2)
- 9 cups Rice Chex or Corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into large bowl and set aside
- Add peanut butter & chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl, microwaving at 30-second intervals until chocolate has melted. Stir well every 30 seconds to avoid burning the chocolate. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir to coat. Pour the cereal mixture into a large plastic freezer bag.
- Add the powdered sugar to the bag and shake until the cereal is covered.
- Spread cereal on waxed paper to cool. For humans only!
Comment below with your favorite chocolate/peanut butter recipes!